Sunday, October 5, 2008

And we're off...


...but the blog entry is 2 weeks late! :)

So. Let's see if I can get this blog caught up.

My sister Amanda and my friend Jaclyn and I flew to Korea on September 23rd. For Amanda and I it's the start of a two-ish year trip around the world and for Jaclyn it's a month long Korea/Hong Kong vacation. In Korea, we met up with our friend Rita who is teaching English in Seoul. Rita is fabulous! She very kindly shared her small apartment with three crazy backpackers and didn't even complain about tripping over our random belongings which seemed to instantly spread throughout her entire apartment. (Thanks again Rita!)

Unfortunately (or fortunately depending how you look at it) Amanda isn't much more of a planner than I am, so our time in Korea was quite haphazard and off-the-cuff. Jaclyn is a planner but since this is her first trip she was content to follow along, at least for the first few days...

We didn't really see all that much of Seoul, though we did pack in a few sites. We saw the changing of the guard, visited a palace, ate great Korean food, went out to a Korean Folk Village, and various other touristy-type things!

The Korean food was a definite highlight for me...though I'm very disappointed that we didn't get a chance to try dog. :( At least I'm pretty sure we didn't...I can't be 100% sure since the menu wasn't always in English. Don't you just love ordering food in foreign countries off menus you can't read?! It really adds an element of surprise and suspense to the meal, which really does make things taste better! Really, it does! Try it some time.

More Korean details will follow...soon...I promise! (Just keep in mind that I'm not mentioning how I define the word "soon.")

No comments: